Learn to make candied pecans with this simple recipe! Prepared in 10 minutes, they’re a fantastic present or scrumptious topping for salads and extra.
Candied pecans are a beautiful topping for salads, facet dishes, and desserts…however in our home, they not often make it that far. These candy, crunchy, cinnamon-spiced nuts are SO tasty that Jack, the kiddo, and I normally polish them off as a snack. It’s very simple to assume you’re going to have only one, perhaps two, after which eat half a batch. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Fortunately, if you happen to by chance eat all of the nuts you had been purported to placed on a salad, it’s fast and straightforward to make extra. This candied pecans recipe calls for five elements and comes collectively in lower than 10 minutes!
As we get into the vacation season, this recipe is a superb one to have in your again pocket. The candied pecans could be a beautiful selfmade present, they usually’re a scrumptious addition to festive recipes and vacation cheese boards. Preserve studying to discover ways to make them!
The way to Make Candied Pecans
This candied pecans recipe begins with 5 easy elements:
- Pecans, after all! Uncooked pecan halves, to be actual.
- Brown sugar and water – They create a candy glaze that coats the pecans. Gentle brown sugar and darkish brown sugar each work nicely right here.
- Floor cinnamon – For heat depth of taste. For a enjoyable variation, experiment with different spices like floor ginger or cayenne pepper.
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the whole recipe with measurements under.
While you’re able to cook dinner, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. You’ll sweet the pecans on the range, not within the oven, however preserve this baking sheet helpful! After you coat the pecans within the cinnamon sugar combination, you’ll unfold them on this pan to crisp up.
Subsequent, make the brown sugar glaze. In a medium skillet over medium warmth, mix the brown sugar, water, cinnamon, and salt. Prepare dinner till the sugar dissolves and bubbles, about 1 minute.
Then, add the pecans. Prepare dinner, stirring, till they’re evenly coated within the glaze, one other 1 to 2 minutes.
When the pecans are nicely coated, take away them from the warmth. Unfold them in a single layer on the ready baking sheet.
Set them apart for 10 to fifteen minutes to chill and crisp up. Really easy!
- Use a nonstick pan. It’s not essentially a requirement for this recipe, but it surely makes for simple cleanup. You’ll find yourself with extra cinnamon sugar goodness on the pecans and fewer on the pan!
- Anticipate the sugar to bubble earlier than you add the pecans. If it doesn’t, the pecans’ sugar coating gained’t crisp up because it cools. The sugar has to succeed in a excessive temperature in an effort to change into crisp.
- Strive one other nut. This system doesn’t simply work with pecans! Use it to make candied walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, and extra.
Retailer selfmade candied pecans in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as per week.
Are you able to freeze candied pecans?
Sure! For those who’d wish to preserve the candied nuts round for longer, pop them within the freezer. They freeze nicely for as much as 3 months. Enable frozen nuts to thaw at room temperature earlier than utilizing.
The way to Use Candied Pecans
There are SO many scrumptious methods to make use of these simple candied pecans! Listed below are just a few concepts to get you began:
How do you want to make use of candied pecans? Let me know within the feedback!
These simple candied pecans have a scrumptious brown sugar-cinnamon coating. Candy, crunchy, and filled with nutty taste, they are a beautiful present, tasty snack, or nice topping for salads, desserts, and extra.
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ cups uncooked pecan halves
Stop your display screen from going darkish
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium skillet over medium warmth, stir collectively the brown sugar, water, cinnamon, and salt. Prepare dinner till the sugar dissolves and bubbles, about 1 minute. Add the pecans and cook dinner, stirring, till coated, one other 1 to 2 minutes.
Unfold the pecans in a single layer on the baking sheet and put aside to chill and crisp up.
Saved in an hermetic container at room temperature, candied pecans preserve nicely for as much as per week. Freeze them for longer storage.