This Cornbread Casserole is a candy and savory spoonable cornbread that’s full of contemporary corn. The creamy texture is the right addition to your vacation dinner desk! It’s a staple at our Thanksgiving meal and any time we would like a scrumptious aspect dish that feels particular.
Creamy, Savory Cornbread Casserole
We completely love this buttery cornbread casserole. It’s completely candy and savory- and the feel is sort of a cross between cornbread and souffle. The dish bakes up moist and and studded with candy corn. It’s a staple Thanksgiving aspect dish at our home! However as a result of it’s a crowd-pleaser, and really easy to whip up- we make all of it yr spherical. It’s a fantastic potluck dish, or just anytime you need a actually good aspect dish.
I’ve heard it known as corn pudding, however I believe that title is a bit of deceptive. There’s nothing pudding-ish about this dish. It’s only a moist cornbread that doesn’t precisely maintain collectively like cornbread as a result of all of the fabulous corn kernels stuffed inside. And you may play with the flavour, too! I just like the savory addition of sauteed onion and garlic, however you may completely depart that out for those who like. Learn on for extra scrumptious variations.
Substances You’ll Must Make this Cornbread Casserole Recipe:
- Olive Oil– For cooking the onion. It’s also possible to use vegetable or avocado oil.
- Onion– We love the savory taste the onion provides, however you may depart them out. It’s also possible to use sliced inexperienced onions as an alternative.
- Cornmeal– This recipe requires cornmeal, not cornbread combine.
- Baking Powder
- Plain Greek Yogurt– It’s also possible to use bitter cream.
- Complete Kernel Corn– We used a can of corn, however it’s also possible to use frozen corn or contemporary corn reduce from the cob.
- Cream Fashion Corn– Creamed corn provides to the creamy corn pudding consistency of this casserole.
- Chives– For garnish.
Easy methods to Make Cornbread Casserole:
- Saute the onion and garlic. Add olive oil to a small skillet or sauce pan and put over medium warmth. Add the diced onions and prepare dinner for 4-5 minutes or till tender. Add the garlic and prepare dinner for an additional minute. Take away from the warmth and put aside.
- Whisk collectively dry substances. In a big mixing bowl, whisk collectively the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix moist substances. To a separate bowl, add the greek yogurt, melted butter, eggs, and corn. Stir effectively to mix.
- Combine every part collectively. Add the moist substances to the dry substances and stir simply till mixed.
- Bake. Pour the cornbread batter right into a greased baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes or till the highest is flippantly browned and the casserole is about.
- Serve. Sprinkle the completed casserole with minced chives and serve.
Ideas & Recommendations
Add cheese. That is non-compulsory, however provides a scrumptious tacky, gooey taste and consistency. You’ll wish to use about 1 cup of cheese. We like to make use of shredded cheddar cheese, white cheddar cheese, monterey jack cheese, or pepper jack cheese if you wish to add some warmth.
Add additional veggies. I like so as to add diced bell peppers to this corn casserole! Simply cube a crimson bell pepper and saute it with the onion and garlic.
To make a Mexican cornbread casserole add a can of inexperienced chilies and pepper jack cheese. Bake in response to the recipe instructions for a yummy aspect dish. To make it a tasty essential dish, prepare dinner a pound of floor beef or floor turkey with a packet of taco seasoning. Stir in a can of black beans, pinto beans, or kidney beans and a can of rotel tomatoes. Stir collectively, then unfold the bottom beef combination into the baking dish earlier than topping with the cornbread combination. Bake as directed.
Easy methods to make Cornbread Casserole with Jiffy combine
To make this casserole even simpler, you may exchange the dry substances (flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt) with one 8.5 ounce package deal of cornbread combine (like Jiffy corn muffin combine).
Why is my cornbread dry?
You wish to make certain to not overcook your cornbread casserole! As soon as the sides get a bit of brown and the middle seems to be set, it’s prepared to drag from the oven. In any other case, you may find yourself with a dry casserole.
How do I retailer and reheat leftover cornbread casserole?
Retailer leftover cornbread casserole in an hermetic container within the fridge. For finest outcomes, get pleasure from your leftovers inside 4 days. Leftovers could be loved chilly, or just reheat within the microwave.
We already talked about that it ought to have a rightful place in your vacation dinner tables. However cornbread casserole can also be scrumptious served with chili, grilled meats, and even made right into a essential dish casserole by including a meat, bean, and veggie layer on the underside!
Extra Scrumptious Vacation Aspect Dish Recipes:
Our cornbread casserole undoubtedly wants a spot at your Thanksgiving desk! It combines the comforting flavors of cornbread in a creamy, savory casserole type. Each chew is nice, savory, and completely scrumptious!
Servings: 9 servings
Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a saute pan, warmth oil over medium excessive warmth. Add diced onions and saute till tender, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and prepare dinner for an additional minute. Take away from warmth and put aside.
In a big mixing bowl, add cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk to mix.
In one other mixing bowl whisk Greek yogurt, melted butter, and eggs collectively. Add corn kernels, creamed corn, onion combination, and stir to mix. Add to the dry substances and stir simply till mixed.
Pour into ready casserole dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or till the highest is flippantly browned. Sprinkle chives on high as a garnish. Serve heat and luxuriate in!
Energy: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 14g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.4g | Ldl cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 626mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 431IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 2mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you will discover numerous scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your children to eat higher and change into intuitive eaters and plenty of sources for feeding your loved ones.