I hope you’re prepared for slightly one thing indulgent and completely unimaginable. I first revealed this french silk pie recipe again in 2015 and needed to convey it again as a result of let’s face it, we might all use slightly chocolate proper now.
Storytime about this superb pie: again when Tony and I had been relationship I began making his birthday dessert. The primary 12 months I made him a coconut cake with strawberry buttercream (AMAZING), however I actually felt like I wanted to step it up a notch the 12 months after that. We bought chatting about how he cherished blueberry and banana cream pie and all issues chocolate. Then I requested him if he ever had French Silk Pie, and he proceeded to ask me what it was.
Ummm… excuse me? Wait a minute… we’re relationship and also you haven’t had FRENCH SILK PIE?! Also called the RICHEST and MOST DECADENT PIE on the planet! I used to be shocked. Fellow Minnesotans know all in regards to the iconic Baker’s Sq..
So in fact, as a result of I’m the birthday dessert wizard, I started on a quest to make him the most effective french silk pie recognized to mankind. On his birthday nearly 6 years in the past now, I made him this precise recipe decked out with candles on high and me singing comfortable birthday.
After his first few bites of the pie, I used to be involved when he didn’t say something. Did he prefer it? Did he hate it? What was occurring? Did I completely simply destroy his birthday?!
So many questions.
Seems he was in chocolate pie ecstasy, also referred to as a euphoric response to scarfing down a slice of this french silk pie. He couldn’t say something as a result of he was blown away. He instructed me flat out it was the most effective factor he’s ever had, and that it was his new favourite dessert; he solely needed my French Silk Pie to any extent further.
And so right here I’m, lastly re-sharing this recipe that we now maintain close to and expensive to our chocolate-loving hearts. I believe it could make the right addition to your vacation desk.
FREE Final Thanksgiving Information (+ printable guidelines!)
Whether or not you’re internet hosting or simply attending, this Final Thanksgiving Information electronic mail sequence is for everybody. Enter your electronic mail under to get all of my finest recipes, ideas, and a FREE printable guidelines for your whole Thanksgiving wants.
What’s french silk pie made from?
In case you’re like Tony and also you’ve by no means had french silk pie earlier than this recipe, you’re in for an actual deal with. It’s made with a candy crust, fluffy, chocolate mousse-like filling that has an unimaginable texture, and topped with whipped cream. Older variations of french silk pie was made with pudding as the middle, however folks converted to creating extra of a mousse on the within as an alternative (which I LOVE).
Really useful instruments
Making selfmade french silk pie requires just a few key instruments:
Get all of our go-to kitchen necessities right here!
Elements in french silk pie
This epic french silk pie recipe has three parts: an oreo cookie crust, a fluffy, wealthy chocolate filling, and loads of whipped cream on high. Right here’s every part you’ll have to make it:
- For the pie crust: we’re making a hazelnut oreo cookie crust made simply with Oreos, hazelnuts, butter and slightly salt. Really easy and SO scrumptious.
- For the filling: you’ll want darkish chocolate, butter, granulated sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- For the topping: that recent whipped cream topping is made with heavy whipping cream and granulated sugar. I like to recommend topping with extra chocolate curls or chocolate shavings, too!
Extra superb crust choices
I really like the hazelnut oreo crust with this french silk pie, however be happy to make use of a unique crust for those who’d like! Right here’s what I can advocate:
- Be at liberty to make use of an everyday crust like my selfmade all butter pie crust. Make sure to blind bake the crust first as you’ll not be baking the pie after including the filling (like in apple or pumpkin pie).
- Attempt utilizing different cookies for a unique flavored cookie crust! Nutter butters will add an incredible chocolate peanut butter taste (like in my banana cream pie), vanilla wafers or a graham cracker crust could be scrumptious.
Easy methods to make the most effective french silk pie
- Make the crust. Pulse the cookies and hazelnuts in a meals processor till they’re finely chopped up, then add the melted butter and salt and pulse once more till the combination is properly mixed. Press the combination into the underside and sides of your greased springform pan, bake, after which let it cool.
- Make the filling. Begin by melting chocolate in a saucepan, then set it apart to chill to room temperature. Beat collectively the butter and sugar within the bowl of a stand mixer till it’s mild and fluffy, then beat within the vanilla and fold within the melted chocolate till it’s all properly mixed. Add the eggs separately, beating for 4 minutes for every egg till the pie filling is thick and fluffy.
- Assemble & refrigerate. Pour the filling into your cooled, baked pie shell, cowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Add the toppings & devour. Whip collectively the heavy cream and sugar in an electrical combination till stiff peaks kind, then unfold the whipped cream over the pie filling. Garnish with chocolate shavings and serve!
Make the pie forward of time
You possibly can simply make one or each elements of the french silk pie 1-2 days forward of time to avoid wasting time on the day-of vacation festivities.
- To make pie crust forward of time: after baking the pie crust, merely retailer it lined within the fridge till you’re able to assemble and chill the remainder of the pie. In case you’re utilizing an everyday pie crust (like my all-butter pie crust) you can also make the pie dough forward of time and retailer it well-wrapped. within the fridge in a disc, or form it into your pie dish, cowl that, and retailer it within the fridge.
- To make filling forward of time: when you’ve combined the entire filling collectively, cowl the filling with plastic wrap in order that the plastic is touching the highest of the filling (to forestall air from getting in) and chill the filling within the fridge till you’re able to assemble the pie. You can too make the whipped cream topping forward of time and retailer it in an hermetic container till you’re prepared so as to add it to the pie!
Easy methods to retailer french silk pie
Retailer any leftover french silk pie loosely lined with plastic wrap or foil within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days.
Extra superb desserts
Get all of my scrumptious dessert recipes right here!
I hope you like this selfmade deep dish french silk pie recipe! In case you make it you should definitely go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you appreciated it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Deep Dish French Silk Pie with Hazelnut Oreo Cookie Crust
THE BEST french silk pie ever with an unimaginable hazelnut oreo cookie crust and whipped cream topping. This wealthy, decadent, deep dish french silk pie recipe is ideal for birthdays or holidays!
- For the crust:
- 20 oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 1 cup uncooked hazelnuts
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- For the pie filling:
- 3 ounces darkish chocolate (a minimum of 60%)
- ¾ cup butter (1 1/2 sticks), at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- For the topping:
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- To garnish: further darkish chocolate
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Grease a 9 inch springfoam pan with nonstick cooking spray or melted butter.
Begin by making the crust: Place cookies and hazelnuts within the bowl of a meals processor and pulse for 1-2 minutes or till cookies are finely crushed. Add in melted butter and salt and course of once more till properly mixed.
Dump the combination into ready pie pan and press into the underside and aspect evenly. It ought to come up a minimum of an inch to an inch and a half on the perimeters. Bake for 10 minutes then take away from oven and place on a wire rack to chill.
To make the pie filling: Soften darkish chocolate in a small saucepan over low warmth, stirring often. As soon as chocolate is totally melted, put aside to chill for 5-10 minutes.
In a big bowl of an electrical mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat collectively butter and sugar for 3 minutes or till sugar dissolves into the butter and is now not grainy. You may see the butter flip a lightweight yellow/nearly white shade and turn out to be fluffy. That is good!
Add in vanilla and beat once more for 30 seconds. Subsequent fold in melted chocolate and blend once more in order that the chocolate is properly mixed with the butter and sugar. IMPORTANT: Ensure that the chocolate has cooled to room temperature, or the chocolate will soften the butter and destroy the filling.
Subsequent add eggs, separately, beating for 4 minutes between every egg. You may wish to use the whisk attachment if utilizing a KitchenAid mixer. (To be clear: Add an egg, beat for 4 minutes on medium velocity; then add one other egg, beat on medium velocity for 4 minutes and repeat with remaining egg and remaining 4 minute mixing.) Pie filling ought to be thick and fluffy at this level. If it is a bit runny, don’t be concerned, it ought to thicken up throughout refrigeration.
Pour filling into cooled crust and canopy with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours, however ideally in a single day.
As soon as pie is able to serve make the whipped cream topping: Add heavy whipped cream and a couple of tablespoons of sugar to the bowl of an electrical mixer; beat on excessive for 3-5 minutes or till cream reaches stiff peaks. Style and add further sugar if needed and blend as soon as extra.
Evenly unfold whipped cream over pie filling, then garnish with darkish chocolate shavings. Serves 9-12, relying on how giant you narrow the slices. Pie will keep recent for just a few days if correctly lined and saved within the fridge.
This pie makes use of uncooked eggs. You need to use pasteurized eggs as an alternative to forestall any meals diseases related to consuming uncooked eggs.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by: Sarah Fennel // BromaBakery.com.
This publish was initially revealed on November sixteenth, 2015, republished on December twenty second, 2021, and republished on November 14th, 2023.