Mashed candy potatoes are sometimes smothered in sugar, however this savory recipe is wholesome and simply as scrumptious! Your family members will preserve coming again for extra.
Straightforward Mashed Candy Potato Recipe
Candy potatoes might be ready in some ways, however mashing them is ideal whenever you need one thing a bit extra nutrient-dense than conventional mashed potatoes. These savory mashed candy potatoes are a superb addition to your vacation desk, however in the event you’re in search of one thing sweeter, do that Mashed Candy Potatoes Brulee. Pair them with Roasted Hen, Salisbury Steak, Pork Chops, or Turkey Meatloaf.
Why This Works
More healthy than mashed potatoes: candy potatoes are one of many high meals sources of vitamin A, which helps shield your peepers. It additionally comprises vitamin C and B-6, fiber, copper and potassium.
Mashed Candy Potato Mash Components
- Candy Potatoes: Peel and dice two kilos of candy potatoes.
- Unsalted Butter: Sauté the garlic in a single tablespoon of butter.
- Garlic: Crush three cloves.
- Milk: Use 1% milk to maintain this dish gentle.
- Mild Bitter Cream: Stir in two tablespoons for creamy potatoes.
- Salt and Black Pepper to style
How one can Make Mashed Candy Potatoes
- Boil candy potatoes in a big pot of salted water. As soon as tender, drain them in a colander.
- Garlic: Soften the butter within the pot and sauté the garlic till flippantly golden.
- Mash the Potatoes: Return the candy potatoes to the pot with the garlic and add the milk and bitter cream. Mash the combination with a potato masher till clean, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake Potatoes: As a substitute of boiling, roast complete candy potatoes within the oven at 425° for 45 to 50 minutes. As soon as roasted, take away the skins and proceed with step two.
- Bitter Cream Various: Use plain Greek yogurt for additional protein.
- Milk: Swap 1% milk with 2%, complete milk, and even almond milk.
- Add sweetness: Add maple syrup, brown sugar or honey
- Creaminess: Be at liberty so as to add extra bitter cream or milk for creamier mashed candy potatoes.
- Herbs: Earlier than serving, sprinkle contemporary chives on the potatoes for shade.
- Spices: Add a bit cinnamon, pumpkin spice or smoked paprika for a smoky taste.
- Cheese: Somewhat parmesan cheese would work good right here.
- Serving a crowd? Double or triple this simple mashed candy potato recipe and add it to your Thanksgiving menu.
What to Serve with Mashed Candy Potatoes
Raw candy potatoes will keep contemporary for a number of weeks if saved in a cool, dry, darkish place. Leftover mashed candy potatoes will last as long as 4 days within the fridge in an hermetic container and might be reheated within the microwave.
How To Make Forward
I discover them greatest if made and served the identical day. If you wish to make forward:
- Make them one or two days early.
- Refrigerate them as soon as cool in a baking dish lined tightly with foil.
- Reheat them in a 350°F-oven for about 20 to half-hour till heat.
Extra Candy Potato Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 5 servings
Serving Measurement: 3 /4 cup
In a big pot boil candy potatoes in salted water till tender, drain in a colander.
In the meantime, soften butter and sauté garlic till flippantly golden.
Return potatoes to the pot with the garlic, add milk and bitter cream; mash till clean and creamy. Regulate salt and pepper to style.
Please go away a ranking and remark letting us know the way you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
See variations above.
Serving: 3 /4 cup, Energy: 151 kcal, Carbohydrates: 27 g, Protein: 3 g, Fats: 3.5 g, Saturated Fats: 1 g, Sodium: 27 mg, Fiber: 3 g, Sugar: 1 g