I needed to re-share an epic one pan meal that may be described in two phrases: rattling scrumptious. YES, we’re making unimaginable meatballs with an out-of-this-world wonderful sauce. These hen meatballs in pumpkin curry sauce are full of fantastic flavors from curry powder, recent ginger, pink chili paste, coconut milk, peanut butter, and naturally, pumpkin.
They remind me of my well-known ginger hen meatballs in peanut sauce however with an excellent distinctive, flavorful fall twist that you simply’re going to like.
For those who’ve already been cooking or baking up a storm with pumpkin puree (do-it-yourself is the very best!) this meatball recipe is the right method to make use of up the remainder of the can or jar that you’ve got. It’s Monday and it’s the right day to meal prep these infants to get pleasure from all week lengthy. I’ve included the very best sides to serve these meatballs with so make sure you scroll via and choose your favorites within the publish.
FREE Pumpkin Recipe E-E book
Enroll beneath and get a FREE printable e-book with my finest candy and savory pumpkin recipes straight to your inbox!
Every little thing you’ll must make hen meatballs in pumpkin curry sauce
Not solely is that creamy pumpkin coconut curry sauce completely dreamy, however the hen meatballs themselves are packing the flavour. Right here’s all the pieces you’ll must make this one pan meal:
- Hen: we’re utilizing some lean floor hen as the bottom for the meatballs. Be happy to make use of floor turkey if that’s what you could have available!
- Egg: you’ll want 1 egg to assist bind the meatballs.
- Panko breadcrumbs: utilizing breadcrumbs additionally helps the meatballs stick collectively nicely. See beneath for gluten free choices!
- Combine-ins: so as to add taste to the meatballs we’ll combine them with somewhat brown sugar, some pink chili paste, cilantro, inexperienced onion, garlic, freshly grated ginger, floor turmeric, and loads of salt and pepper.
- For the sauce: this pumpkin coconut curry sauce is all the pieces. To make it you’ll want a can of mild coconut milk, pumpkin puree (canned or do-it-yourself utilizing this tutorial!), pure peanut butter (Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15’ to get 15% off my favourite model, Wild Associates), low sodium soy sauce and yellow curry powder. You’ll solely want 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree, so this recipe is ideal for utilizing up additional pumpkin you might need leftover from making a unique pumpkin recipe.
- Veggies: gotta have a lift of veggies! You’ll combine in carrot, bell pepper, and a few frozen peas.
- To garnish: I like topping this dish with recent cilantro, chopped peanuts, and scallions.
Can I make them with out breadcrumbs?
Yep! For those who’re attempting to maintain these pumpkin curry hen meatballs gluten free, be at liberty to make use of your fav gluten free breadcrumbs. In any other case, you may merely use 2-3 tablespoons of coconut flour within the meatball combination. I like to recommend beginning with 2 tablespoons and including from there if wanted to form the meatballs.
The best way to make hen meatballs in pumpkin curry sauce
That’s proper, we’re cooking the meatballs proper within the sauce to provide them additional taste and actually make this a one pan meal.
- Combine the meatballs. Begin by including all the meatball elements to a big bowl and mixing them along with cleans fingers. You’ll need to type round 16 golf ball sized meatballs.
- Brown them. Earlier than totally cooking the meatballs within the sauce, you’ll need to brown them in a skillet in somewhat sesame oil in order that they get these good brown, crispier edges that present taste.
- Combine the sauce. Take away the meatballs out of your skillet, cut back the warmth to medium-low and stir in all the elements for the pumpkin coconut curry sauce.
- Add the meatballs & veggies. Stir within the sliced carrots, then add your meatballs again to the skillet with the sauce and convey all the pieces to a simmer. Cowl the pan, cut back the warmth to low and let the meatballs cook dinner for 15-20 minutes.
- End with veggies & serve. After the meatballs are totally cooked, stir within the pink bell pepper and peas and simmer for simply 5 minutes extra in order that they don’t get mushy. Then serve with a few of our fav sides beneath! I like to garnish with chopped honey roasted peanuts, scallions and cilantro as nicely.
What to serve with these meatballs
You’ll have loads of scrumptious pumpkin curry sauce as soon as the meatballs are cooked, so add one in all our fav sides:
Make-ahead hen meatballs
You may simply prep these hen meatballs 1-2 days forward of time so that every one it’s a must to do is brown them and simmer them within the sauce. Merely combine and type the meatballs, then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Tightly cowl the meatballs with plastic wrap and place them within the fridge till you’re able to cook dinner them.
For those who’re going to meal prep these hen meatballs in pumpkin curry sauce, I like to recommend storing them in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3-4 days. Sure, you may retailer them with the sauce and even with rice in the event you’d like! To reheat merely place your meatballs and sauce within the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Two methods to freeze these meatballs
- Bake first, then freeze: merely place your hen meatballs and the pumpkin curry sauce in a freezer secure, hermetic container or bag and freeze all of it for as much as 3 months. While you’re able to get pleasure from, let your container of meatballs and sauce thaw within the fridge for a number of hours or in a single day, after which empty the contents right into a pan on the stovetop. Warmth them in your pan till they’re good and heat, after which serve!
- Freeze earlier than baking: you may also freeze these meatballs earlier than cooking them! Kind your meatballs as instructed, place them on a baking sheet, and put them within the freezer for 1-2 hours. Then, switch your frozen meatballs to an hermetic, freezer-friendly bag or container and place them within the freezer for as much as 3 months. To thaw them, merely place them within the fridge for a number of hours or in a single day after which cook dinner them as directed within the recipe.
Extra methods to make use of pumpkin puree
Keep in mind to get all of my suggestions, tips and directions for making do-it-yourself pumpkin puree right here, then use it in these scrumptious recipes.
Get all of our pumpkin recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on these one pan hen meatballs in pumpkin curry sauce! For those who make them make sure you depart a remark and a score so I understand how you preferred them. Take pleasure in, xo!
Oh So Good Hen Meatballs in Pumpkin Coconut Curry Sauce
Oh so good one pan hen meatballs simmered in an exquisite pumpkin curry sauce. You will LOVE the wonderful flavors from coconut milk, pumpkin puree, cozy spices, and somewhat pure creamy peanut butter. The proper weeknight dinner that is scrumptious with coconut rice, brown rice, or rice noodles!
- For the meatballs:
- 1 pound lean floor hen or turkey
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs, gluten free if desired
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ tablespoon pink chili paste
- ⅓ cup finely diced cilantro
- ¼ cup finely diced inexperienced onion (or sub pink onion)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon recent grated ginger (or sub ½ teaspoon floor ginger)
- 1 teaspoon floor turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can lite coconut milk
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons pure creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 massive carrot, sliced
- 1 pink bell pepper, reduce into chunks or julienned
- ½ cup frozen peas
- To garnish:
- Chopped peanuts
- Optionally available for serving:
- Coconut rice
- Brown rice
- Or rice noodles
In a big bowl, add the bottom hen, egg, breadcrumbs, brown sugar, pink chili paste, cilantro, inexperienced onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt and pepper. Use clear fingers to combine and type into 16 golf ball sized meatballs.
Place a big deep skillet over medium-high warmth and add in sesame oil. Add the meatballs and brown on all sides, about 5-6 minutes complete. Chances are you’ll want to do that in batches, relying on what number of meatballs you may slot in your skillet with out overcrowding them. When the meatballs are carried out browning, switch them to a plate and put aside.
Scale back the warmth to medium-low and add within the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, peanut butter, soy sauce and yellow curry powder; whisk collectively till nicely mixed. Add in carrots, then add the meatballs again in and convey to a simmer. Cowl the pan, cut back warmth to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
After quarter-hour, take away the lid and gently stir within the pink bell pepper and peas. Simmer for five extra minutes uncovered. Serve with my coconut rice or brown rice, rice noodles, quinoa or with spiralized zucchini or candy potato. There shall be plenty of sauce, which makes it scrumptious! Garnish with chopped honey-roasted peanuts, scallions, and cilantro. Serves 4.
To retailer: in the event you’re going to meal prep these hen meatballs in pumpkin curry sauce, I like to recommend storing them in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3-4 days. Sure, you may retailer them with the sauce and even with rice if you would like! To reheat merely place your meatballs and sauce within the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Serving: 1serving (with out rice)Energy: 380calCarbohydrates: 22.4gProtein: 29.7gFats: 20.1gSaturated Fats: 8.5gFiber: 5.1gSugar: 8.3g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats
This publish was initially printed on October 4th, 2021, and republished on October twenty fifth, 2023.