Neglect the store-bought stuff! This sluggish cooker pumpkin puree is approach higher. With only one ingredient and about 2 minutes of prep time, you’ll be in your method to the smoothest, tastiest pumpkin puree ever.
I do know. I do know. It’s tremendous straightforward to run to the shop and seize a can of pumpkin puree. However making your personal is so significantly better. It’s tastier, cheaper, and far more satisfying. This recipe actually solely takes 2 minutes of prep time, and all you’ll want is a few sugar pumpkins. It’s the proper puree to make use of in your subsequent pie, stew, or fast bread.
Why I Love This Sluggish Cooker Pumpkin Puree
- One ingredient. Yep, all you want is a pumpkin.
- Pockets-friendly. Not solely is do-it-yourself pumpkin puree tastier, but it surely’s additionally simpler in your pocketbook.
- Versatile. Candy or savory, there are such a lot of methods to make use of this pumpkin puree. Make it the star of your subsequent pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin stew, and many others.
What You’ll Want
- Pumpkins – I used sugar pumpkins, however you might use other forms as effectively.
What Pumpkins Are Greatest For Pumpkin Puree?
Sugar pumpkins (or pie pumpkins) are the most effective right here. They’ve higher taste and texture than different varieties. You can use one thing else in the event you’d like, although. I’ve tried heirloom pumpkins and winter squash they usually each end up splendidly. My solely tip is to avoid the massive ol’ carving pumpkins. They’re too watery and fibrous and don’t have as a lot taste.
Easy methods to Make Pumpkin Puree within the Sluggish Cooker
Right here’s a fast have a look at methods to make pumpkin puree within the sluggish cooker. For extra thorough directions, scroll to the recipe card beneath.
- Load the sluggish cooker. Place a liner within the sluggish cooker and prepare the pumpkin wedges within the basin.
- Prepare dinner. Cowl and cook dinner on low for 4 to six hours.
- Puree. Scoop the flesh off the pores and skin and puree till clean, utilizing a blender or a meals processor.
Ideas For Success
- Decide the fitting pumpkin. Sugar pumpkins are finest however you’ve acquired different choices. Simply don’t use a carving pumpkin.
- Use a sluggish cooker liner. Whereas you are able to do with out, utilizing a liner will make clean-up a lot simpler.
- Dimension issues. Be sure you slice your pumpkins into equal-sized wedges. If they’re uneven, they received’t all be achieved cooking on the similar time.
- Low and sluggish. Don’t be tempted to show the sluggish cooker as much as excessive warmth to get the job achieved quicker. You simply received’t get the identical outcome.
- Really feel it out. I prescribe 4-6 hours within the sluggish cooker. Test your pumpkin at 4 hours. If it’s not extraordinarily straightforward to pierce with a fork, let it go for an additional hour or two. It might take roughly time relying on the dimensions of the pumpkin wedges.
Methods to Use Pumpkin Puree
This pumpkin puree is flexible and you should utilize it in candy and/or savory recipes. I like utilizing it instead of store-bought puree to make pies, muffins, and fast breads, but it surely’s additionally nice to include into soups and stews and even pasta sauces.
As soon as the pumpkin puree has cooled utterly, seal it in an hermetic container, ziplock freezer baggage, or wide-mouth canned jars. It’s going to preserve within the fridge for as much as 10 days or within the freezer for as much as 3 months. If you happen to do select to freeze it, I like to recommend thawing it in a colander earlier than utilizing it. It will enable any extra water to empty out.
Extra Pumpkin Recipes
Cowl the sluggish cooker with a liner.
Scoop out the seeds and prepare the pumpkin wedges contained in the sluggish cooker.
Cowl with the lid and cook dinner on Low for 4 to six hours or till the flesh of the pumpkin may be very tender.
Scoop the flesh off the pores and skin and switch the flesh to a meals processor or blender. Discard the skins.
Mix the pumpkin till clean or to a desired consistency.
Spoon the pureed pumpkin into Ziploc freezer baggage or wide-mouth canning jars.
Pumpkin puree may be frozen for 3 months or refrigerated for 8 to 10 days.
Serving: 1 cup | Energy: 83 kcal | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Protein: 3 g | Fats: 1 g | Saturated Fats: 0.4 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.04 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.1 g | Sodium: 12 mg | Potassium: 505 mg | Fiber: 7 g | Sugar: 8 g | Vitamin A: 38129 IU | Vitamin C: 10 mg | Calcium: 64 mg | Iron: 3 mg
Dietary information is an estimate and supplied as courtesy. Values could fluctuate in accordance with the elements and instruments used. Please use your most well-liked dietary calculator for extra detailed information.