I’m obsessive about these straightforward, Sluggish Cooker Rooster Enchiladas, made with rooster, black beans, tortillas, my selfmade enchilada sauce, and cheese.
Sluggish Cooker Rooster Enchilada Casserole
Rooster enchiladas are considered one of my favourite issues to make and eat, so naturally, this slow-cooker model hit it out of the park! I tailored it from this rooster enchilada skillet recipe, utilizing boneless, skinless rooster thighs, however you can too use rooster breast. I served it over cilantro lime rice and topped it with avocado and a few crema. It was a success with my household and really easy to make.
Why This Crock Pot Rooster Enchiladas Works
- Good for Meal Prep: Make this rooster enchilada casserole earlier within the day every time you’ve a while, and it’ll be prepared and ready come dinnertime.
- Wholesome: This dish has 25.5 grams of protein, because of the rooster, beans, cheese, and bitter cream.
- Quick and Simple: After you sauté the onion and garlic, simply put all the pieces within the gradual cooker and switch it on. Like I mentioned–fast and simple!
- Comforting: I crave heat, comforting meals because the climate cools off. This tacky enchilada casserole checks the field!
Rooster Enchilada Casserole Substances
- Rooster: Use one pound of boneless, skinless rooster thighs or breasts.
- Onion and Garlic: Chop half of a medium onion and two garlic cloves.
- Seasoning: Floor cumin, kosher salt
- Enchilada Sauce: I want making selfmade enchilada sauce, however you can too purchase it on the grocery store.
- Bitter Cream: All you want is 1 / 4 cup of bitter cream for a bit creaminess.
- Corn Tortillas: Reduce 4 tortillas into strips.
- Black Beans: Rinse and drain one can of low-sodium black beans.
- Cheese: Purchase a Mexican cheese mix, Monterey Jack, or mozzarella.
- Garnishes: Sliced jalapeños and chopped recent cilantro
- Optionally available Toppings: Sliced avocado, cilantro lime rice, bitter cream or crema (Crema typically incorporates bitter cream, lime juice, and salt. I’ve recipes for roasted poblano crema and avocado crema if you wish to strive one.)
Make Rooster Enchiladas in Sluggish Cooker
- Onion and Garlic: I at all times saute onions and garlic earlier than including to the gradual cooker for the perfect outcomes. Begin by heating the oil in a skillet over medium warmth. Add the onion, garlic, cumin, and salt, and sauté whereas stirring till the onion has softened and browned.
- Put Substances in Sluggish Cooker: Switch the cooked onions and garlic to the gradual cooker and pour within the enchilada sauce, bitter cream, and 1 / 4 cup of water. Stir all the pieces to mix and fold within the beans till totally coated. Nestle the rooster into the sauce.
- Sluggish Cook dinner: Cowl the crockpot and prepare dinner on excessive for 3 to 4 hours or low for six to 7 hours, till the rooster is tender and shreds simply. Shred the rooster proper within the pot with two forks.
- Tortillas and Cheese: Stir within the tortilla strips and high with cheese. Cowl the gradual cooker and prepare dinner for about half-hour till the cheese has melted.
- Serve: Spoon a cup of the enchilada casserole into your bowl and garnish with cilantro and jalapeños. You may also serve it over rice with sliced avocado and extra bitter cream or crema.
- Sauce: Use salsa verde as an alternative of enchilada sauce, or purchase jarred enchilada sauce to save lots of time.
- Poultry: Swap thighs for boneless rooster breasts or turkey breasts for a leaner choice.
- Beef Enchilada Casserole: Substitute chuck beef for rooster.
- Beans: Substitute black beans with pinto beans.
- Don’t like beans? Use canned corn.
- Tortillas: Swap out corn tortillas with flour in the event you want.
- Time Saver: If you wish to serve this rooster enchilada casserole with rice however don’t have time to make it, microwave frozen white or brown rice.
What to Serve with this Rooster Enchilada Casserole
This straightforward enchilada casserole makes nice leftovers, which is able to preserve refrigerated for 4 days in an hermetic container. You may also freeze it for as much as 3 months and reheat it within the microwave.
Extra Enchilada Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 cup
- 1 lb boneless skinless rooster thighs , or rooster breast
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil , or olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups selfmade enchilada sauce, or 16 ounce jarred
- 1/4 cup bitter cream, plus extra for serving
- 4 corn tortillas, minimize into strips
- 15 ounce can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces shredded cheese, reminiscent of a Mexican cheese mix, Monterey Jack, or mozzarella (about 1 cup)
- sliced jalapeño peppers , and chopped recent cilantro, for topping
non-obligatory for topping and serving:
Warmth the oil in a skillet over medium warmth. Add the onion, garlic, cumin, and salt and prepare dinner, stirring, till the onion has softened and browned, about 5 minutes.
Switch to the gradual cooker and add the enchilada sauce, bitter cream, and 1/4 cup water to the onion combination and stir to mix. Fold within the beans till totally coated.
Nestle the rooster in.
Cowl and prepare dinner on excessive for about 3 to 4 hours or excessive low for about 6 to 7, till rooster is tender and cooked by. Shred the rooster within the pot with 2 forks.
Add the tortilla strips and stir, then high with the cheese, cowl the gradual cooker, and prepare dinner half-hour or till the cheese has melted.
As soon as the cheese is melted, garnish with cilantro, jalapenos, and non-obligatory toppings.
Serve over rice if desired and high with non-obligatory bitter cream, and avocado.
Please depart a ranking and remark letting us know the way you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Refrigerated for 4 days in an hermetic container. You may also freeze it for as much as 3 months and reheat it within the microwave.
Serving: 1 cup, Energy: 315 kcal, Carbohydrates: 26 g, Protein: 25.5 g, Fats: 12 g, Saturated Fats: 5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 92.5 mg, Sodium: 862 mg, Fiber: 7 g, Sugar: 3.5 g